- The Albanians belong to a lower caste or class than the Greek. Both objectively and according to common Greek.
- Medical staff disliked Albanians and considered them causing problems. »[The Albanians] are characterized as overdemanding, ungrateful and suspicious towards the medical personnel. Sometimes they are compared to animals«, Mousouli writes.
- The Albanians are often considered criminals. To Anna Mousouli some Albanians may be criminals, but not more than the Greek themselves; to her opinion the criminal activity has been over-exaggerated by the media (and the authorities?).
- The Albanians considered themselves to be in an exposed position. Therefore they decided to lie low and not to act in a provocative way against policemen, civil servants etc. Some Albanians even idealized and palliated troublesome experiences with the Greek health care system.
- Authorities have often persecuted illegal immigrants and expelled them to Albania (and may be Macedonia?).
- Many incidents of Police brutality have been reported.
- From time to time Police has mounted harsh skoupa's - sweep operations. (Possibly, the skoupa's were run more frequently when Anna Mousouli did her field work since it was in the Olympics season).
- - -The Global Commission on International Migration: Supporting Evidence: http://www.gcim.org/en/ir_experts.html
- - -Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs: »Albanian Emigration as a Developing component since its surviving stage«, 2005 [PDF]: http://www.osce.org/item/14594.html
- - -Francisco J. Durán Ruiz (Granada): »The Relationship between Legal Status, Rights and the Social Integration of the Immigrants« [PDF]: http://www.ccis-ucsd.org/PUBLICATIONS/wrkg84.pdf
- - -Albanians: Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanians. In the English edition also articles about the ancient Greek cities in Albania: Durrës, Apollonia and Lezha.
- - -The Çam-problem: http://www.frosina.org/about/infobits.asp?id=161